We want your community group to be part of the fun!
Find out how your members can get involved in what is set to be the jumbo community event of summer 2021!
Sign up and you can design and decorate your own elephant calf sculpture which will be part of The Big Trunk Trail alongside sculptures created by professional local and national artists. Then, once the rest of the herd has trumpeted off, your elephant will go back to its forever home with you.
Why you should join the herd
The Big Trunk Trail offers your community group a massive platform to showcase your members’ skills and your group’s values to the local community and visitors to Luton.
Our beautiful elephant sculptures offer an inspirational, blank 3D canvas for your members to work their creative magic on. You may decide to run free with a design that’s vibrant, dazzling, entertaining and light-hearted or you could go with a theme that’s close to your heart such as celebrating communities, promoting health and wellbeing or caring for the natural world. Wherever you get your inspiration, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
It’s a jumbo huge event for your community!
The Big Trunk Trail will:
- boost pride in Luton and surrounding areas
- promote health and wellbeing, and get people active
- support local businesses by boosting the number of visitors to the area
- raise vital funds for a much-loved local charity, Keech Hospice Care.
The big picture
An elephant calf costs £1,000, which your community group can choose to pay for now or fundraise for over the coming months.
Signing up for a small elephant comes with a trunkful of benefits.
- A blank elephant calf sculpture, ready for painting.
- Elephant templates for your design ideas.
- An invitation to attend our activation event – to learn about The Big Trunk Trail, get great fundraising ideas, and meet other community groups involved in the project.
- A dedicated member of our fundraising team to support your fundraising and be available for one talk at a mutually convenient time.
- A tour of the hospice and to meet Keech Hospice Care’s amazing team and patients. (Subject to Covid 19 restrictions)
- Once The Big Trunk Trail opens in summer 2021, your elephant calf sculpture will have a high-profile location to showcase your amazing creativity to local people and visitors.
- Inclusion in The Big Trunk Trail’s official map, website and app, which can be downloaded from App Store and Google Play.
- The opportunity to be part of thousands of social media interactions via @TheBigTrunkTrail across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, increasing your social media presence.
When your community group signs up to take part in The Big Trunk Trail, we ask you to pledge to raise a minimum of £1,000 before the end of October 2021.
Get in touch to find out more about this unmissable opportunity – we’d love you to #JoinTheHerd.
If you haven’t already, sign up to The Big Trunk Trail newsletter for all the latest updates.